Frequently Viewed Government Pages

Council Action


Municipal Code


Utility Billing


Find Public Records

  You Are Here: Home: Government: Municipal Court: Other Services




Bail Bonds

Bail bond companies are available in the yellow pages phone book. You will have to call the bond companies individually to see what is required to apply/post a bond, as each bond company has their own policies on posting bonds, charges, etc. For specific questions relating to the arrest or jailing of a friend or family member who has a hearing in the Bonney Lake Municipal Court, please contact the Municipal Court directly at (253) 862-6606.

Civil Lawsuits

Bonney Lake Municipal Court does not process civil lawsuits. This service is provided by the District Court which is located at 930 Tacoma Ave S, Room 239 Tacoma, WA 98402. The Court can be contacted at (253) 798-7487 or online at the District Court website.

Court Records

Download the Court Records Request Form

Submit the Records Request form to the Bonney Lake Municipal Court to request a recorded transcript, court docket, or other court court documents. The form also lists fees for services.

To request records from other City departments please view the City Clerk's webpage.

Birth/Death Certificates

Birth and Death Certificates are the responsibility of the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department Office of Vital Records. They can be ordered online on the Office of Vital Records website or you can contact the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department online, by phone at (253) 798-6418 or visit them in person at 3701 Pacific Avenue, Suite 100 Tacoma, WA 98418.

Marriage Certificates

Marriage Certificates can be obtained through the Pierce County Auditor’s Office in Tacoma. For more information, forms, and instructions, please visit the Pierce County - Marriage License website or call the Auditor's office at (253) 798-7435. The Bonney Lake Municipal Court does not provide marriage services or certificates.

Find My Court Date

Current Court dates can be found on the Washington Courts website. In-custody arraignments are normally held in the Bonney Lake Municipal Court at 12:30 p.m. on some Mondays and every Wednesday. Please contact the court for more information. (253) 862-6606.

Divorce (Dissolution of Marriage)

To obtain a divorce, you must apply for a Dissolution of Marriage with the Superior Court. Visit the Pierce County Superior Court website or call (253) 798-7455 for more information on the process for marriage dissolutions (see 'Civil Cases'). The Bonney Lake Municipal Court does not provide Divorce Services.

Name Changes

Name Changes are made through the Pierce County District Court. Visit the District Court website (see "District Court Services > Change Your Name") or call (253) 798-7487 for more information including required forms and fees. The Bonney Lake Municipal Court does not provide name change services.

Restraining/Protection Orders - Domestic Violence Kiosk

The City of Bonney Lake Municipal Court is home to a kiosk which allows a victim of Domestic Violence to file for a temporary two-week protection order without having to go to Tacoma to file. To learn more about the process please visit our Domestic Violence page.

Small Claims

This service is provided by the Pierce County District Court in Tacoma, Washington. For more information please visit the District Court website (see Services > File a Small Claims Case) or call (253) 798-7487. A small claim is a case filed only for the recovery of money owed to you and must be filed in person at the Court's Operations Division in Tacoma. The Bonney Lake Municipal Court does not handle Small Claims cases.

Legal Services

The following is a list of free and low-cost legal services in Pierce County and Washington State. For more information on any of these services, please contact the organization directly.

  • Advocate Resource Center (ARC) 
    Online community & resources.
    Free Coordinated Legal Education, Advice & Referral for civil matters for eligible low-income people.
    Phone: 1-888-201-1014
    Over 60: 1-888-387-7111 (CLEAR Sr.)
  • Division of Child Support
    Administers state & federal child support laws.
    Phone: (253) 798-3627
    Location: 2121 South State St., Tacoma, WA
  • Crystal Judson Family Justice Center
    One-stop access to legal services, advocacy and community services for Domestic Violence victims.
    Phone: (253) 798-4166
    Location: 718 Court E, Tacoma, WA
  • Family Law Facilitators
    Assist self-represented parties with their family law cases in superior court.
    $10 per visit
    Phone: (253) 798-3627
    Location:  Pierce County Courthouse, 930 Tacoma Ave, Room 104 & 119, Tacoma, WA 
  • Law for WA 
    Nonprofit corporation offering searchable directory for questions about the law & civics.
  • Northwest Justice Project 
    Advice and representation to low-income persons and seniors on family, housing, consumer, public benefits, disability, education, youth & civil rights matters.
    Free (call CLEAR for referrals)
    Phone: (253) 272-7879
  • Pierce County Center for Dispute Resolution
    Affordable mediation and settlement conference services and mediation training.
    Sliding Fee Scale
    Phone: (253) 572-3657
    Location: 738 Broadway, Suite 400, Tacoma, Tacoma, WA
  • Pierce County Law Library 
    Provides legal information services to the general public, judiciary, attorneys, and to state and county officials.
    Free (charges for forms & copying)
    Phone: (253) 798-7494
    Location:  Pierce County Courthouse, 930 Tacoma Ave S, Tacoma, WA
  • Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Foundation Volunteer Legal Services (VLS) 
    Provides advice and representation to low-income clients through volunteer attorneys.
    Free (call CLEAR for referral)
    Phone: (253) 572-5134 or (888) 822-5134
    Location: 715 Tacoma Ave S., Tacoma, WA
  • TeamChild 
    Provides civil legal services & community education to help youth in trouble.
    Phone: (253) 274-9929
    Location: 715 Tacoma Ave. S, Tacoma, WA
  • YWCA Legal Services 
    Provides civil legal advocacy, referral, and representation to victims of domestic violence in Pierce County.
    Legal Services: (253) 272-4181, ext. 257
    Shelter: (253) 383-2593



Copyright © 2010 City of Bonney Lake. All Rights Reserved | For Staff | Disclaimer | Privacy |Sitemap