Frequently Viewed Business Pages

Shop Bonney Lake


Current Projects


Design Standards


Find Public Records

  You Are Here: Home: Business: Business Licensing and Permitting: Building Permits


Permit Forms 
Building Code Handouts
Applying for a Permit 
Electronic Plan Review / Online Applications
Building Permit Reports

Beginning August 18, 2017 the Permit Center will be closed to the public on Fridays.

Permit Center Office hours are 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Thursday.
All submittals & resubmittals require a scheduled appointment.

Justice & Municipal Center, Suite 300, 9002 Main St E, Bonney Lake, WA 98391

Use Online Permit Services to check permit status, schedule inspections, and more.


Electronic Plan Review
Plans for all permits are now eligible for Electronic Plan Review


Online Permit Applications

Check your permit status and apply for 15 types of permits online using the Online Services portal.

Permit Center Appointments

The Permit Center accepts in-person applications by appointment from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call to schedule a submittal appointment:

General Information

» Building Permit Handouts
» Electronic Plan Review Submittal Requirements

A Building Permit is required to erect, construct, alter, repair, move, improve, convert, or demolish any building or structure. A permit is not required for any accessory structure under 120 square feet per the International Building Code IRC R105.2 #1. All setback requirements shall apply, whether a permit is required or not.  

Below is a list of permit applications and brief descriptions of their purposes. If you are unsure or new to building in Bonney Lake, please contact staff in the Permit Center for assistance.

Building Code Handouts

The handouts below provide information from the International Residential Code for permit customers:

For more information or questions please contact staff in the Permit Center.


reportsBuilding Permit Reports

Building reports are provided on a monthly basis.

Monthly Permit Reports



Detailed Permit Reports













Submitting and Paying for Permits

PaymentsThe Permit Center accepts payments by cash, check, money order, and debit/credit card (Visa and MasterCard only).

Some permits may be applied for online using the Online Services system, including permits for signs, furnace/water heater change out, peddler's license, county meters, etc.

Most other permits must be applied for in person at the Permit Center at the Justice & Municipal Center, Suite 300. In-person applications are accepted by appointment from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please call to schedule a submittal appointment:

Commercial Permits - Permit Coordinator
Residential Permits - Permit Technician

All plans for building permits are eligible for electronic plan review - read the requirements for electronic plan submittal, below.

Payments for permits may be made at the Permit Center, or online through the Permits & Inspections Online Services system.

You can also use the Online Services to check the status of pending and completed permits (see more information below).

Electronic Plan Review

Electronic Plan ReviewAll plans for building permits submitted to the City of Bonney Lake Permit Center are eligible for electronic plan review. Applicants are encouraged to participate in this program.

Please review the Submittal Requirements for guidelines on submittal and processing of plans for building plan review in electronic format.

Online Services

Check the status of a permit, search for permits, apply & pay online!

The City's Online Services for Permits & Inspections allow permit customers to view detailed permit information online, pay fees, schedule inspections, estimate fees, and apply for certain types of permits. Use the 'Permits Inquiry' feature to:

  • Check the status a permit;
  • Search for open/closed permits by permit number, address, applicant, or project name;
  • View details about open/closed permits.



ICC CertifiedInternational Code Council Certification

Our building permits & inspections staff are 100% certified by the International Code Council (ICC). The International Code Council is committed to protecting public health, safety, and welfare by developing model codes and standards used in the design, build and compliance process. Becoming ICC certified means professionals have demonstrated their code knowledge and skills, as well as their ability to apply those skills on the job (



Permit Forms   

» See also Building code handouts, above

» Also available on the City Forms page 

Electronic Plan Review
Electronic Plan Review now available for all permits.

Online Permit Applications
Check your permit status and apply for 15 types of permits using the Online Services portal.


Commercial Building Permit Application

A Commercial Permit Application details the requirements for New Commercial/Multifamily construction, Repair/Remodeling of a Commercial Building, Temporary Occupancy or Tenant Improvements for a Commercial Building.

Construction, Demolition, and Remodel Service Information 

An informational sheet from D.M. Disposal on hauling services available in Bonney Lake for construction and remodel projects.

Deck Permit

A Deck Permit is required when building a deck onto a single family residence.


Demolition Permit


Permit for demolition of commercial, residential, or other structure. Requirements include erosion control, Clean Air Agency Notice of Intent, and Asbestos Survey.

See also Construction, Demolition & Remodel Service information from DM Disposal

Fire Permit
(Alarm, Sprinkler & Suppression)

Commercial Businesses are required to apply for a Fire Alarm Permit through the City for installation of fire alarm, sprinkler and suppression systems.

» Residential Multipurpose Fire Sprinkler Systems - Details

» See Miscellaneous Permits - Security Alarm Permit for alarm monitoring and false alarm reduction program forms (ATB Services).

House Moving Permit

A House Moving Permit is required when moving a house into or out of the City limits.


Manufactured Home Building Permit


This Permit is required for installation of a mobile or manufactured home on your property.

Mechanical Permit

A Mechanical Permit is required when repairing or installing natural gas or appliances connected to natural gas. It is also required for venting, heating and air conditioning.

Miscellaneous Permit

The Miscellaneous Permit application form is used for Bulkhead, Dock, or Retaining Wall permits.

Multi-Family Building Permit

This permit is necessary to build a multi-family building.

Plumbing Permit

Plumbing Permits are required for installation of plumbing.

Residential Construction Building Permit

This permit must be submitted for the following permit types: New Base Plan, New Single Family, Addition, Repair/Remodel, Accessory Dwelling Unit and Accessory Building.

Please review the Building Code Handouts, above, for general information and guidelines from the International Residential Code.

Related forms include:

External Link - Go to > See Building Efficiency > Energy Code > Energy Code Worksheets. Download the "Prescriptive Worksheet - All Climate Zones" Excel File (xls) and complete the "Prescriptive Climate Zone 1" worksheet.


Revisions to Existing Residential or Commercial Applications (Resubmittal Form)

Submit the resubmittal form to modify existing residential or commercial building applications. Please note: Base Plans may not be revised or modified (see the Base Plan Renewal form).

Sewer Permit

A Sewer Permit is required when installing sewer on your property.


Right of Way / Road Approach Permit


A right of way (ROW)/road approach permit application is required when performing work in the right of way, such as tapping for water and sewer service, installing gas, power, and communication services, performing street light installation, and installing road approaches, curb and gutter, and sidewalks


Single Family Residential Dwelling Permit

Please use the Residential Construciton Building Permit

Structural Design and Inspection Information

This Information was compiled to assist the designer; contractor and owner to better understand the code requirements related to the structural design and inspection of non-conventional construction. The designer should use this booklet during the submittal process to organize the inspection team and develop a schedule to assist the contractor/builder.

Water/Sewer Forms

Water Permit
To request a water meter at your property.

Certificate of Sewer Availability 
For building in the County, or with a Septic System.

Certificate of Water Availability
For building in the County, or with a Septic System.

Instantaneous Fire Flow
To request the fire flow at the nearest hydrant (no connection requested).

Water Modeling
For new water line development (short plat/plat developments).




(253) 447-4356 - Department Administrative Assistant
Permit Coordinator (Commercial Permits)
Permit Technician (Residential Permits)


9002 Main Street East
Bonney Lake, WA 98391
Mailing Address
Attn: Permit Center
City of Bonney Lake
P.O. Box 7380
Bonney Lake, WA 98391-0944

Copyright © 2010 City of Bonney Lake. All Rights Reserved | For Staff | Disclaimer | Privacy | Sitemap